We value your privacy and the secure processing of your personal data. Pursuant to the European General Data Protection Regulation, we hereby inform you about the processing operations we carry out with your personal data and the policies we take to protect them.
Controller of personal data is the Congregation Brothers of Charity, Via Giambattista Pagano 35, 00167 Rome, Italy.
If you have any questions about your privacy, please contact the Congregation’s ‘data protection officer’, who can be contacted by email at email@example.com
Supervisory authority is the Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit/Autorité de protection de données, Drukpersstraat/Rue de la Presse 35, B-1000 Brussels, tel. +32 (0)2 274 48 00, +32 (0)2 274 48 35,
2. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
2.1 PROCESSING PURPOSES
We process personal data in order to answer your question that you have entered on one of our contact forms, namely the general contact form, the contact form for answer to prayer, the contact form to order publications or the newsletter subscription form.
2.2 PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED
We process the following data digitally:
• identification data (first name and surname);
• contact data (telephone numbers, address details, e-mail address);
• the data you provide us with when completing the contact form.
• There are no external recipients: we do not pass on your data to persons or organizations outside our own organization.
• Possible internal recipients: Brothers of Charity or employees who will process your completed form
2.4 PERIOD FOR WHICH PERSONAL DATA WILL BE STORED
We will process your data for no longer than necessary to achieve the stated purposes. For the newsletter, we will keep your name and email address as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the newsletter.
3. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You can invoke the following rights:
• right to information: you may ask which data about you are processed and who has access to them, why we need or use these personal data and how long they are kept;
• right of access: you may request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service;
• right to rectification: if you find any errors in your data, you may ask for them to be corrected. You can also request to add more complete information to your data;
• right to data erasure: you may request that data, which are not (or no longer) strictly necessary for us, be permanently and completely deleted;
• right to restrict processing: you can request us to restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions;
• right to data portability: if you wish to transfer certain data, we will facilitate this (to the extent possible);
• right to object: if you do not agree with the basis of a processing operation or with the way certain of your data are processed, you may object; you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority;
• right not to be subject to automated decision making: we do not use algorithms to draw, without human intervention, consequences from (part of) your data;
• right to withdraw your consent: if you have been asked for consent for certain processing operations, you can choose to withdraw your consent at any time.
4.1 What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that can be stored on your computer when you visit websites. Information is saved in this text file, such as your choice of language. When you visit the website later again, this cookie returns to the concerned website. In this way, the website recognizes your browser and can for example retain your choice of language. Cookies usually have an expiration date. Some are automatically deleted when you close your browser, while others can be stored longer on your computer.
This website contains functional cookies. These are necessary for the proper functioning of the website. It is not possible to refuse these cookies if you want to visit our website.
List of functional cookies:
ici_current_language: by WPML WordPress plugin to store the current language; expires after one day.
4.3 How can I see which cookies are saved in my device and how can I delete them?
You can use a parameter of your internet browser. Please consult the help function of your browser. You can also check if the procedure for your browser is mentioned in the explanatory website www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.